Services for Employers
The Veteran Staffing Network is a full service staffing agency plus much more. Our focus is finding you the best candidates to fill your job requirements, grow your business, and retain exceptional employees.
Every company would like to “hire a hero,” but it is more difficult than it seems. And there is the fear of having to “fire a hero.” In developing the Veteran Staffing Network, we talked with human resource professionals from all sizes of companies and learned about your challenges in hiring and retaining veterans. The Veteran Staffing Network is particularly designed around your needs.
If you are a company interested in hiring Veterans, start here:
- Our Suite of Services
Our comprehensive suite of services includes:
- Find the most talented individuals for your positions
- Pre-screen and interview prospective candidates
- Coordinate candidate interviews with your organization
- Background and drug tests
- Competitive rates with a higher level of service
- Temp-to-perm, contract, and direct-hire placements
- Tailor job descriptions to military skill sets (reverse translators)
- Dedicated account representative who will be a single point of contact for your organization, both before and after the hire
- Coaching for hiring managers before and during engagements to create supportive environments and help with any issues as they arise
- Expert support on veteran employment issues, including disability accommodations
- Assistance to set up an internal mentoring program or providing mentors directly for your veteran staff members
- Ongoing support for your veteran employees
- What Makes Us Unique?
- Our job begins well before you post a position with us. We work with veterans to prepare them for the transition from the military to the civilian workforce. Our high touch approach is unmatched in the employment agency business.
- As a mission-based social enterprise, we understand that our job does not end with the placement, but rather with the long-term success of both the employer and veteran. Every dollar earned by the Veteran Staffing Network is reinvested to help more veterans and wounded warriors make the transition back into society.
- We bring more than 75 years of Easter Seals services and credibility in providing direct services.
- We are veterans serving veterans. Our leadership staff has more than 50 years experience working with veteran employment issues.
- Why Hire a Vet?
Simply, veterans are good for your bottom line. They bring all the traits that you want in an employee: education, training, values, leadership, teamwork and loyalty.
- Immediate Productivity and Eager Learners
Veterans become valuable contributors from day one of employment. They have the proven ability to learn new skills and concepts and are used to being challenged, encouraged to demonstrate initiative, and think quickly on their feet. In addition, they can enter your workforce with identifiable and transferable skills, proven in real world situations.
The military trains people to lead by example as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration. Veterans understand the practical ways to manage behaviors for results, even in the most trying circumstances. The real world, front line and often battle proven leadership developed in the military is well beyond that of a similar person in a civilian job.
Veterans understand how genuine teamwork grows out of a responsibility to one’s colleagues. Military duties involve a blend of individual and group productivity. They also necessitate a perception of how groups of all sizes relate to each other and an overarching objective.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Action
Veterans have learned to work side-by-side with individuals regardless of diverse race, gender, geographic origin, ethnic background, religion and economic status as well as mental, physical and attitudinal capabilities. They experienced working with many different types of individuals.
- Efficient Performance Under Pressure
Veterans understand the rigors of tight schedules and limited resources. They have developed the capacity to know how to accomplish priorities on time, in spite of tremendous stress. They know the critical importance of staying with a task until it is done right.
- Respect for Procedure
Veterans have gained a unique perspective on the value of accountability. They can grasp their place within an organizational framework, becoming responsible for subordinates’ actions to higher supervisory levels. They know how policies and procedures enable an organization to exist.
- Technology and Globalization
Because of their experiences in the service, veterans are usually aware of international and technical trends pertinent to business and industry. They can bring the kind of global outlook and technological savvy that all enterprises of any size need to succeed.
Veterans know what it means to do “an honest day’s work.” Prospective employers can take advantage of a track record of integrity, often including security clearances. This integrity translates into qualities of sincerity and trustworthiness.
- Conscious of Health and Safety Standards
Thanks to extensive training, veterans are aware of health and safety protocols both for themselves and the welfare of others. Individually, they represent a drug-free workforce that is cognizant of maintaining personal health and fitness. On a company level, their awareness and conscientiousness translate into protection of employees, property and materials.
- Triumph Over Adversity
In addition to dealing positively with the typical issues of personal maturity, veterans have frequently triumphed over great adversity. They likely have proven their mettle in mission critical situations demanding endurance, stamina and flexibility. They may have overcome personal disabilities through strengths and determination.
- Immediate Productivity and Eager Learners
- Advantages of a Temp-To-Perm Model
- Working interview
Temp-to-perm allows you to evaluate characteristics that can’t easily be observed through a traditional interview, such as: ability to follow directions, cultural fit, quality of work, work ethic and the ability to multi-task or work under pressure.
- Reduced hiring time
Temp-to-perm candidates have been pre-screened by our staff and qualified to match the needs of your opening. This reduces your recruiting and interviewing time, so you can focus on your other priorities.
- No obligation to hire
When you use temp-to-perm services, you are not required to hire a candidate we send you, even after you interview that candidate.
- Evaluate long-term hiring need
If you’re hiring to address recent growth or a newly created position, temp-to-perm gives you the time to verify that the position is absolutely necessary – before adding to your permanent headcount.
- Decreased legal exposure
If a temp-to-perm candidate isn’t working out, you can end the assignment at any time. Because the candidate remains an employee of the Veteran Staffing Network, your legal exposure is minimized.
- No advertising restrictions
Using temp-to-perm services does not preclude you from advertising the position elsewhere.
- Working interview
- Tax Benefits
There are specific tax credits available to employers that hire military veterans. The Returning Heroes Tax Credit for companies that hire unemployed veterans gives a maximum credit of $2,400 for every short-term unemployed hire and $4,800 for every long-term unemployed hire. The Wounded Warriors Tax Credit will increase the existing tax credit for companies that hire veterans with service-connected disabilities who have been unemployed long-term (maximum credit of $9,600 per veteran) and continue the existing credit for all other veterans with a service-connected disability (maximum credit of $4,800).
We can assist you to achieve maximum credit.