Easter Seals Military Veterans Programs
In addition to the Veteran Staffing Network, we offer a comprehensive suite of other services to veterans:
- Veterans Employment Program provides the resources and services for veterans to succeed in the 21st century workforce by offering career guidance, training, placement assistance and follow-up support through a contract with the U.S. Department of Labor (Veterans Workforce Investment Program).
- Operation Employ Veterans is a Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) approved, internet-based interactive program designed to outline the vast benefits veterans bring to an organization. The three one-hour modules are focused on providing human resource professionals, personnel recruiters, and intermediate supervisors training on the perceptions veterans face in the workplace around issues such as PTS, TBI and other disabilities.
- In-Home Respite Program provides specialized in-home respite care for Navy, Marine, and Air Force service member families with children with significant disabilities.
- Little Warriors Program: The Wounded Warrior, their children and spouses have unique needs resulting from relocation to Walter Reed National Medical Center. Not only is the family adjusting to severe injury and disability, but the special circumstances they face in an unfamiliar community without their usual support systems. We help provide some stability through free early childhood education and weekend respite services.
- Post-9/11 Wounded Warrior Family Caregiver Training Program has provided comprehensive training to more than 7,300 caregivers. The training was developed by Easter Seals in collaboration with Department of Veterans Affairs clinical experts.